My Journey

On this blog I intend to document my journey through Breast Cancer again. Yes again. This will be my second go with this disease and I figured this would be a great way to communicate with my family and friends and keep them informed as to what is going on with me.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OH MY!!!!

OH MY!!! How someone from my elementary school found my blog is beyond me!!! My boss came up to me today and told me that she often checks my blog and while checking it today, she saw a new comment from someone that thought they might know me. Well she does!!! Sonya Martin...how could I ever forget the very small, redheaded, sweet girl that lived not to far from me! I would love to catch up and see how things are going with you Sonya!! Please email me and we can exchange phone numbers. pinkribbonsurvivor30@hotmail.com

While I am here, might as well update everyone on what is new with me. I had some friends come down from Connecticut, like they do every year to go to the Daytona 500. Most of you know that I live 20 mins from the track, so it makes it easy for them just to stay with me. Needless to say I had 9 adults and 2 kids staying with me this weekend, but it was very nice. We did not rush around and do anything other than the race. Usually we are rushing each day to do something different and it was perfect this year.

As far as the wedding plans go.. things are right on track!! We met with the caterer the other day, I have picked up the bridesmaids dresses, booked the photographer, priced out table and tent rentals, picked out tuxes, have my table favors, table centerpieces and table cloths, booked the rehearsal dinner as well as the ceremony and reception site, have my dress and have lost 6 out of 20 pounds!!! I say that I am not doing too bad. Now if only my sister would help me pick out the flower girl dress!! hint..hint...Marie!!!

Now to the "Cancer" thing. I realize that most of you log on to find out what is going on with that and not to read about everything else in my life!! I had another treatment last Thursday. Along with that treatment I had a Dr visit. He said that everything looks to be going well! I will have my normal 3 month heart check up on March 5th. Last time it was at 54% and as long as my heart continues to function above 50%, I am fine. If it drops below that, then they will need to take me off for a little while and let my heart repair itself. That is the good thing about the heart!! I was a little tired yesterday, which is normal a couple of days after my treatment, but nothing that horrible. I won't have another PET scan for another 3 months, but I am not really worried about that.

That pretty much sums up my life right now! It is absolutely wonderful!! God has blessed Darryl and I in so many ways and we are very grateful to him for that!! GINGER.... please let me know how Tana is doing. I know that she is probably overwhelmed right now as I first was and didn't want anyone else butting in. Even if they had been through it, but I just need to know that she is doing ok and if there is anything that I can do such as bringing dinner by, running errands etc.. please let me know. Again, it doesn't matter if she talks to me or not, just tell me the mission and I will take care of it no questions asked!!

Have a God Blessed day!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Marie said...

I am glad to read/hear that all is well in the life and times of Trasha! Sorry, I'm your sister, do you really expect anything less than corny nicknames? On the serious side, I am happy that everything is moving along as planned. It worries me to know that you are tired and that your heart is only "operating" at 54%, please take really good care of yourself and stay on top of that...promise! The good news is that even though it's only operating at 54%, it's always FUNCTIONING at 110% and that shows in your responses to your old classmate, to Ginger and to Tana.

I love you!

Peace Out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home