My Journey

On this blog I intend to document my journey through Breast Cancer again. Yes again. This will be my second go with this disease and I figured this would be a great way to communicate with my family and friends and keep them informed as to what is going on with me.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Well, once again I failed you. I have not kept up my promise to keep everyone informed and for that I am truly sorry! I hope you forgive me!! Since November things have really changed. First off, I went for my second opinion with the Doctor from St. Vincent's and I absolutely loved him and the whole office. He recommended the exact same treatment as my other Doctor, which I wasn't too surprised of. He did stress though that he wanted to keep a close eye on me. That made me feel pretty good. So now I am doing my "Herceptin" treatments every 3 weeks. The only side effect that I am noticing is that I tend to get a bit more tired a couple of days afterwards. Just feels like I stayed up too late or something.

Had my normal PET and Bone scans in December and as of now, there is no cancer!! I am officially in remission!! I am also back to work full time. It felt really good to get back in the groove of things and I didn't realize how much gratification I got out of my work. Everyone has been so supportive and so loving. I don't think that I could work with a better bunch of people. You get right down to it and they all have big hearts!! Not only am I in remission, but I am also now engaged!! Darryl proposed to me on Thanksgiving in front of his family and my mother. It was absolutely beautiful!! He had it all planned out and had it video taped. We are going to have our friends Chris (bridesmaid) and Jerry (her fiance) tape the wedding on the same tape. The big day is May 12th and I have pretty much have most of it done. Although.. I am having dreams that I don't have anything done!! My sister Marie has graciously accepted to be my matron of Honor and my bridesmaids my bestfriend Angel, my very good friends Chris and Jessica and my precious cousin Jenny. We could have had a lot more in the wedding, but we really needed to limit it to 5!! We have been blessed with friends and family that we dearly care about.

A couple of months after the wedding, I plan on having my reconstructive surgery. My current Doctor said that this would be fine since the Chemo that I am on is not affecting my immune system. I will make sure to keep you informed as to what is going on. I might now write each week, but I will provide updates. Until then, have a God Blessed Day and I truly thank you for your support!!

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natasha.....Do you remember Tana Crane, She was a member of Wesconnet Lodge, Her brother was Lee Crane.....Any who....She has been recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer as well, She would like to talk to you, and share experiences...get some advise from you....I have her # if you want to chat with her..my personal e-mail is rusti17@yahoo.com

I hope you are doing better....miss you Girl.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Marie said...

WOW! I can't believe you posted last month and I missed it...sorry! I was telling my friend today that I was going to hack into your site and update it for you...I guess I should have checked it sooner!

I can't wait to see you...only a few more months and you'll be a MRS!

Love ya

peace out

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger sonya1229 said...

Natasha, I believe I know you. I believe we went to school together. Ramona Elementary in Jacksonville, Florida) We are about the same age (you're birthday I think is right after mine) and although it's been a while, you do look familiar. I read your blog today and wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you are going thru so much. You are in my thoughts. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'd love to hear from you, to catch up and all. I think it's been since we were kids. You didn't live that far from me. I remember even going to the comic book store with you (I believe it was on Cassat) and got Muppet Babies comics. Yep, I'm a dork, I can't believe I remember all that. Anyway, my name back then was Sonya Martin. Hopefully you remember me. Anyway, you are in my thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Have a great day! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm sure it will be beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home